Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

My day started out with a gentle kiss on the head followed by "Happy Birthday, I love you." It was 5:40 in the morning, but I can't imagine a sweeter way to wake up.
When I stumbled out to the kitchen to get my coffee, on the table I saw a paper plate note that read, "Happy Birthday, my love. I love you so much. Thank you for marrying me. Love, Kory."
You can't start a day much better than that, even though the weather wasn't cooperating.

I had a call from my mom and a call from my Noggin who gave me an invitation to come to his house to eat the brownies they were making me for my birthday. I hope they were good.
At school, my awesome co-workers gave me this:

And tonight, Kory let me open the HUGE box that's been sitting on the living room floor in front of the fireplace. In it was a plum colored cable knit beret and these....

And on the bottom of the box were these....
And THEN, Kory took me here...


I can't even begin to tell you how much I ate, but for someone who lives a relatively vegetarian life with the occasional turkey burger thrown in for good luck, I ate more meat than a cheetah in the zoo at feeding time. UN...BE...LIEVE...ABLE... I never knew a cow tasted so good.
And to top it all off, we ate this...


wow.
It was a good birthday.
I love being 37.

2 comments:

Mari said...

Churasco IS good...they have some of those in MIami too. Their good, but nothing like the original stuff in Brasil. Maybe next year Cory can take you to Brasil...hehehe
Happy Birthday!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Wow! What a great birthday celebration! And, great gifts, too. I can't imagine my husband buying me shoes!